Thursday, September 8, 2011

#116 Alexis Grace

Next on my American Idol finalist countdown is my number 116 finalist, Alexis Grace. She is my least favorite finalist of American Idol season 8. Alexis Grace Middleton was born on August 14, 1987, in Memphis, Tennessee. She is a single mother.

Grace was an early favorite of American Idol season 8. She was a member of semifinal group 1. Her semifinal performance of "I Never Love a Man (The Way I Love You)" demonstrated that she had potential. She was chosen to be a finalist alongside Michael Sarver and Danny Gokey. Anoop Desai from the same semifinal group was later chosen as a wildcard finalist.

During top 13 week, Grace closed the performance show with a performance of "Dirty Diana" by Michael Jackson. After performing "Jolene" by Dolly Parton, she finished in 11th place, thus missing out on the American Idols LIVE! Tour 2009. Her 11th place elimination shocked many across the country, but I disagree with the shock. I thought her elimination was merited and I agreed with the judges.  On the night of her elimination, she stated that her best friend on the show is my all-time favorite finalist.

Grace was on the scene in the season 9 auditions in Atlanta and Dallas where she interviewed some of the hopefuls. She served as the American Idol expert on Memphis radio station Q107.5. As of May 2010, the LA Times ranked her at number 54 in their power rankings.

On January 31, 2010, Grace attended the 52nd Annual Grammy Awards show held at Staples Center, where Michael Jackson's memorial service took place. On May 25, 2010, she attended the Ubisoft video launch of Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands at the Mondrian Hotel's Skybar in Los Angeles, California.

Next on my American Idol finalist countdown is at number 115, who is my least favorite of season 8's top 10, and who did a less-than-stellar performance that merited her 9th place ouster.

No comments: