Some of the entries in the said organization's Violent and Controlling Behaviors list are flimsy or misusable. Here are the questionable entries on the list:
- Criticism (name-calling, accusations, blaming, use of trivializing words or gestures)
- Interrupting, changing topics, not listening, not responding, twisting her words.
- Claiming "the truth," being the authority, defining her behavior, using "logic."
- Withholding help on childcare/housework (not doing your share or following through on your own agreements)
- Emotional withholding (not expressing feelings, not giving support, validation, attention, compliments, respect for her feelings, rights, or opinions)
The organization is only concerned about preventing male violence against women, but not the other way around, nor is it about protecting women against female violence. It promotes the double standard that men should never hit or defame females under any circumstances, but that females can do the same to males and other females alike as much as they like and when they like.