Wednesday, June 5, 2013

I am glad Candice Glover won; My Male American Idol Finalist Rankings 2013 video published

This post is way overdue. I am so glad that Candice Glover, my second favorite contestant of American Idol season 12 and my third favorite in American Idol history, has won the competition. She defeated Kree Harrison, who stole a place in the finale from my season 12 favorite Amber Holcomb, who is my second favorite contestant ever. She hails from my home state South Carolina. She has ended the male winning streak with the help of Lazaro Arbos. She deserves to win, but I would have preferred that Amber Holcomb would win. Candice may be the official winner, but I find that Amber is the real winner of season 12. Kree's victory over Amber Holcomb and Angie Miller was attributed to support from Vote for the Worst and sympathy votes due to the death of her parents and having a difficult life.

The American Idol winner analysis is:

Season 1's Show Winner: Kelly Clarkson
Season 1's Real Winner: Kelly Clarkson
My Season 1 Favorite: Tamyra Gray

Season 2's Show Winner: Ruben Studdard
Season 2's Real Winner: Clay Aiken
My Season 2 Favorite: Ruben Studdard

Season 3's Show Winner: Fantasia Barrino
Season 3's Real Winner: Jennifer Hudson
My Season 3 Favorite: Jennifer Hudson

Season 4's Show Winner: Carrie Underwood
Season 4's Real Winner: Carrie Underwood
My Season 4 Favorite: Vonzell Solomon

Season 5's Show Winner: Taylor Hicks
Season 5's Real Winner: Katharine McPhee
My Season 5 Favorite: Elliott Yamin

Season 6's Show Winner: Jordin Sparks
Season 6's Real Winner: Jordin Sparks
My Season 6 Favorite: Jordin Sparks

Season 7's Show Winner: David Cook
Season 7's Real Winner: David Cook
My Season 7 Favorite: Chikezie Eze

Season 8's Show Winner: Kris Allen
Season 8's Real Winner: Adam Lambert
My Season 8 Favorite: Jasmine Murray

Season 9's Show Winner: Lee DeWyze
Season 9's Real Winner: Casey James
My Season 9 Favorite: Michael Lynche

Season 10's Show Winner: Scotty McCreery
Season 10's Real Winner: Scotty McCreery
My Season 10 Favorite: Jacob Lusk

Season 11's Show Winner: Phillip Phillips
Season 11's Real Winner: Jessica Sanchez
My Season 11 Favorite: Jessica Sanchez

Season 12's Show Winner: Candice Glover
Season 12's Real Winner: Amber Holcomb
My Season 12 Favorite: Amber Holcomb

My analysis on the competitions:

Season 1
Tamyra Gray should have made the top 3 instead of Nikki McKibbin.

Season 2
Equoia Coleman should have made the top 12 instead of Vanessa Olivarez.
Rickey Smith should have made the top 7 instead of Kimberly Caldwell.
Trenyce should have made the top 4 instead of Josh Gracin.

Season 3
Lisa Leuschner should have made the top 12 instead of Amy Adams.
Jennifer Hudson should have made the top 2 instead of Diana DeGarmo.
LaToya London should have made the top 3 instead of Jasmine Trias.

Season 4
Nikko Smith should have made the top 8 instead of Scott Savol.
Vonzell Solomon should have made the top 2 instead of Bo Bice.

Season 5
Ayla Brown should have made the top 12 instead of Melissa McGhee.
Chris Daughtry should have made the top 2 instead of Taylor Hicks.

Season 6
LaKisha Jones should have made the top 3 instead of Blake Lewis.
Melinda Doolittle should have made the top 2 instead of Blake Lewis.

Season 7
Alexandréa Lushington should have made the top 12 instead of Kristy Lee Cook.
Alaina Whittaker should have made the top 12 instead of Amanda Overmyer.
Chikezie Eze should have made the top 4 instead of Jason Castro.
David Archuleta should have won instead of David Cook.

Season 8
Ariana Afshar should have made the top 13 instead of Michael Sarver.
Jasmine Murray should have made the top 10 instead of Michael Sarver.
Allison Iraheta should have made the top 2 instead of Kris Allen.
Adam Lambert should have won instead of Kris Allen.

Season 9
Michelle Delamor should have made the top 12 instead of Didi Benami.
Todrick Hall should have made the top 12 instead of Tim Urban.
Lilly Scott should have made the top 12 instead of Lacey Brown.
Crystal Bowersox should have won instead of Lee DeWyze.

Season 10
Ta-Tynisa Wilson should have made the top 12 instead of Ashthon Jones.
Pia Toscano should have been saved by the judges instead of Casey Abrams.
James Durbin should have made the top 3 instead of Haley Reinhart.

Season 11
Baylee Brown should have made the top 13 instead of Erika Van Pelt.
Aaron Marcellus should have made the top 13 instead of Jermaine Jones.
Elise Testone should have made the top 5 instead of Phillip Phillips.
Skylar Laine should have made the top 4 instead of Phillip Phillips.
Joshua Ledet should have made the top 2 instead of Phillip Phillips.
Jessica Sanchez should have won instead of Phillip Phillips.

Season 12
Burnell Taylor should have made the top 6 instead of Lazaro Arbos.
Amber Holcomb should have made the top 2 instead of Kree Harrison.

My Male American Idol Finalist Rankings Video

I am working on my American Idol finalist countdown videos, one for each gender. American Idol has produced 71 male finalists and 72 female finalists.
The YouTube video on my male American Idol finalist countdown has already been published, and can be viewed here:

No comments: