Sunday, March 9, 2008

I will not play Super Smash Bros. Brawl

Super Smash Bros. Brawl will go on sale tomorrow in North America, where I live. It was developed by Sora Ltd. and published by Nintendo. It has been the most anticipated next generation game of all time among established Nintendo fans.

However, I have decided to reject the game for the following reasons:


  • Lack of female newcomers
  • Lyndis as an Assist Trophy
  • Little Mac as an Assist Trophy
  • Isaac as an Assist Trophy
  • Lack of representation of Fire Emblem: Seisen no Keifu
  • Lack of downloadable content feature
  • Not enough Fire Emblem characters in the playable roster
  • Overall bad roster

I was a big fan of the Super Smash Bros. series. Super Smash Bros. Melee was my favorite GameCube game. Marth's appearance in the game led me to become a fan of the Fire Emblem series, which happened to become my favorite Nintendo game series. The character I most wanted was my favorite Nintendo character, Ayra from Fire Emblem: Seisen no Keifu. I wanted Fire Emblem: Seisen no Keifu to be represented in the game, but unfortunately, it did not happen.

My decision to reject Super Smash Bros. Brawl is controversial. I have been criticized for it.

Lyndis was announced as an Assist Trophy on September 11, 2007, six years after 9/11. That is the fundamental reason why I will not play Super Smash Bros. Brawl. Little Mac was announced as an Assist Trophy on October 18, 2007.

Therefore, my campaign for Super Smash Bros. 4 has begun. It should be called Super Smash Bros. Fracas. Lyndis, Little Mac, Isaac, Samurai Goroh, Waluigi, Saki Amamiya, and Gray Fox have been nominated in Super Smash Bros. 4 as playable characters. Super Smash Bros. 4 will be my comeback Smash Bros. game.

Update:

For the GameFAQs poll of March 9, 2008, entitled "Got SSBB?", there are five choices:

  1. Yes, I had a pre-order waiting for me.
  2. Yes, I got it off the shelf.
  3. No, I'll buy it later this week.
  4. No, I haven't decided whether or not to buy it.
  5. No, I'll never buy it.

26.65% of participants voted for option no. 1. 7.44% voted for option no. 2. 18.72% voted for option no. 3. 17.82% voted for option no. 4. 29.37%, including me, voted for option no. 5.

I have been criticized for my decision to reject Super Smash Bros. Brawl. They called me names and use profanity against me.

One quote at this thread at Gamespot.com:

Dude your nuts. I bet your one of those people who:Want the game to be called
super smash sisters.Want all the male characters out.Wanted Krystal (meh)
and Midna (GOD OH GOD NO!)

No, none of the claims above are true with me, except that I wanted Krystal. Marth and Sigurd are required in order to have Ayra. We cannot have Krystal in the roster without Fox.

I will campaign for the following characters to appear in Super Smash Bros. 4 as playable characters (in rank order, starting from most wanted):

  1. Ayra (from Fire Emblem: Seisen no Keifu)
  2. Lyndis (from Fire Emblem: Rekka no Ken) - appeared in Brawl as an Assist Trophy
  3. Sigurd (from Fire Emblem: Seisen no Keifu)
  4. Krystal (from Star Fox Adventures) - appeared in Brawl as a regular trophy
  5. Little Mac (from Punch-Out!) - appeared in Brawl as an Assist Trophy
  6. Jody Summer (from F-Zero X)
  7. Samurai Goroh (from F-Zero) - appeared in Brawl as an Assist Trophy
  8. Black Shadow (from F-Zero X)
  9. Leon (from Star Fox 64)
  10. Waluigi (from Mario Tennis) - appeared in Brawl as an Assist Trophy
  11. Takamaru (Nazo no Murasamejou)
  12. Isaac (Golden Sun) - appeared in Brawl as an Assist Trophy
  13. Saki Amamiya (from Sin and Punishment) - appeared in Brawl as an Assist Trophy
  14. King K. Rool (from Donkey Kong Country)
  15. Geno (from Super Mario RPG)
  16. Mallow (from Super Mario RPG)

For the voice acting, Aleisia Glidewell or her Japanese counterpart Aya Hara will reprise her role as the voice of Krystal in Brawl. Aya Hara would act out the motion capture. Whoever voiced Lyndis in Brawl will reprise the role in Super Smash Bros. 4. I suggest that Suzuka Ohgo of Memoirs of a Geisha fame be the voice of Ayra. Super Smash Bros. 4 should be released in Japan on January 31, 2018.

1 comment:

Gattina said...

Thanks for you comment of my very old and closed blog, lol ! Of course women are not a mistake, we are masterpieces ! Men were created as a draft, what you have read was just kidding !