Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Idol shocker: End of the road for rocker James Durbin

Is America country strong? Last week, after 72,000,000 votes cast, James Durbin was shockingly sent packing, landing him in fourth place. Media pundits did not see that coming. Like I did with Matt Giraud, I voted for him only on the week of his elimination. America evidently loves an underdog, even though she gave the worst performance of that night, Haley Reinhart got the sympathy vote that led her to the top 3. The first person cleared to the top 3 was Lauren Alaina, whom I am rooting for this week. After a performance by Jordin Sparks, Ryan Seacrest dropped the bomb by clearing Haley Reinhart for the top 3. When he announced that Scotty McCreery made it through, it was the end of the road for James Durbin, and I am upset about it.

James Durbin originally auditioned for season 8, but he was cut in the first Hollywood round. He auditioned for season 10 in San Francisco, California. Upon elimination, he said "Man, I worked so damn hard to get here. And ... God, I was really hoping to get there, but I had a feeling today. ... I did so much stuff that's never been done on this show before. ... In my eyes, in my mind and what I believe is that I did what I came here to do, and that was to give metal a chance. And to bring it and give 110 percent every week!" Then he performed on the stage one more time, singing "Maybe I'm Amazed."

No comments: