Tuesday, January 20, 2009

A Historic American Event

January 20, 2008, has been a historic American day. Barack Hussein Obama II has been sworn in as the 44th President of the United States, and as the first African American President of the United States. Joseph Robinette Biden, Jr., has been sworn in as the 47th Vice President of the United States and the first Catholic Vice President of the United States. The inauguration was packed with about 2 million people. I saw only part of the inauguration coverage. I originally intended to miss work for the inauguration, but I was talked out of that decision. I watched 20 minutes of the NBC coverage, which includes the Presidential swear-in, on the job. However, I did watch the last hour of the inauguration coverage. Meanwhile, my father recorded the NBC coverage of the inauguration. Obama's parents did not live to see this historic event, but his mother-in-law did.

No comments: