Wednesday, December 31, 2008

2008 in review

2008 has been a historic year. For me, it has been a mediocre year. In January, I bought my first high-definition television set, then I was blocked from Wikipedia.org on feminist grounds. Super Smash Bros. Brawl, a popular game I have boycotted, was released in March 2008. Then I successfully contested my account block at Wikipedia.org. I bought a Sony PlayStation 3 console and Microsoft Office 2007 on the third Sunday of April, then found out that I was banned from FinalFantasyForums.net, the worst message board I was banned from, on feminist grounds. I was shocked about the Mega Man 9 scheme, which may cause a disturbing trend, putting my passion for video games at stake. On the last Saturday in July, my brother got remarried in Martinsville, Virginia. Then I watched the 2008 Beijing Olympic games on my HDTV set, witnessing Michael Phelps' phenomenal performance, and the U.S. basketball teams' victories over the Chinese teams and their gold medal victories over Spain and Australia. I supported President-elect Barack Obama in the 2008 Presidential Election, because of John McCain's Vice Presidential running mate Sarah Palin, and because of McCain's television ads being proven false, and because McCain has the same doctrine and policies as incumbent President George W. Bush. McCain voted Bush 95% of the time in 2008. I bought an Xbox 360 for Christmas, with Square Enix RPGs Infinite Undiscovery and The Last Remnant.

No comments: