Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Video game censorship on "Supernanny"

I have been a fan of Supernanny since 2006, and it seems funny. I like most of the episodes. However, there is one episode, which aired on this day, but filmed in 2007, that I have a low opinion of. I has video game censorship content, which is potentially offensive to gamers. It is of the Tafoya family, especially Holly Tafoya. I have a very low opinion of Holly Tafoya. What is worst is that she ruled out T-rated games, which is worse than ruling out M-rated games. I got offended when I saw that scene. I do not condone enforcing that rule on an adult son or daughter, for that is divisive. I will not and cannot condone divisive parental rules, which lead their children to leave the home. If I see Holly Tafoya in person, I will teach her a lesson about video game censorship if she continues to apply it to her sons beyond their teenage years. On that episode, Holly attempts to kick Jo Frost, the star of Supernanny, out of their house after she used poisonous means to discipline her son James. Another thing is that she has short hair, which I have drawn the line against at TZ Doctrine tenet no. 1, and has an angry tone of voice. That episode of Supernanny is divisive. To make matters worse, it was broadcast in standard definition.

Pro-censorship organizations are well-funded, and their members vote. They actively call for stricter governmental regulation of video games, which is not the answer to crime or violence in society. Those organizations are evil. Those laws regulating games can discourage the voluntary media content rating system.

Video game censorship is defined as the use of state or group power to control the consumption, purchase, sale, or distribution of electronic games based on the evaluation of the game's content. It is imperious, divisive, and economically destructive. It is not the answer to crime or violence in society. A warning should be stamped on any television program containing references to video game censorship, because video game censorship references may be offensive to gamers. Gamers usually do not re-enact whatever evil things they see in the video games.

No comments: