Thursday, December 25, 2008

Christmas is here

Members of my childhood religion Jehovah's Witnesses do not celebrate Christmas. They believe that Jesus Christ was not born on December 25. They dismiss Christmas as a pagan holiday. In fact, Jehovah's Witnesses hardly celebrate anything. I first celebrated Christmas last year, and I felt inexperienced. I attended a Christmas dance party at the time. I bought a PSP for last Christmas, and an Xbox 360 for this Christmas. I witnessed Christmas celebrations on the job as well. The name Christmas is also abbreviated Xmas. In the same pattern, the last name of the actor who portrayed in Anakin Skywalker in the Star Wars prequel trilogy could be abbreviated the same way, like Xensen (but pronounced as spelled out). I was spending time online on the night before Christmas. The song "This Christmas" was originally recorded by Donny Hathaway, and it has been covered by many artists, including American Idol contestants Elliott Yamin and David Hernandez.

No comments: